Thursday, July 14, 2011

focus, fun and finish







I was speaking to my assistant while driving home from a beautiful wedding (just look at the pictures above), and we started playing around with some of the key ingredients to photographing an event day. I often say it is time to FOCUS. It hardly needs explanation, but the term helps direct our attention on the day at hand and see its unfolding. At the same time, I love what I do. All events whether they are weddings or Bar Mitzvahs or whatever, are celebrations and a celebration is always fun in my mind. So FUN became the second mantra of our slogan. However we felt one final word was necessary and after some discussion came up with FINISH.

Thus FOCUS, FUN and FINISH became our maxim of the day and of all event days really. It sums up the component ingredients of photographing any day. The FINISH is never taking your eye off the action until the end. This can mean waiting for that spontaneous laugh, or just seeing the wedding couple at their final dance.

What do you think are the key ingredients to great event pictures?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home