Thursday, April 14, 2011

wedding photography styles





I had a conversation with a wedding client recently and I asked what it was that attracted her to my photography. Her answer was the "candid" photographs that she saw on my website. This led me to think a bit about my style and the various styles of wedding and event photography that exist. There is a more "traditional" style of photography that seems to center on posed pictures and recreating moments. On the opposite extreme is "photojournalism" which never poses a shot and relies completely upon the unadulterated moment. Yet again, there is another style which I would classify as "artistic". I'm sure there is a better name for this, but I would put those photographers who concentrate on highly stylized and often photoshopped pictures in this category. These pictures can be posed or candid but rely heavily upon editing techniques after the fact. I think all of these styles are great, have their due and that there isn't one particular overall style that I would fall in. Often weddings and events require a blend of styles. However there is a certain picture that I work for which would be a candid picture captured at the height of emotion and fun. It would be that decisive moment of action or celebration! Those make the best picture and require an aware anticipation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home